Saturday, November 23

Menu? I gotcha menu right here (turkey excepted)

It's Saturday. Do you know where your Thanksgiving shopping list is? 

Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to scare you. It's all going to be okay. I'm here! With a menu! And it's not hard! I'm not going to cover the main dish - the turkey - because EPF is in charge of that. He smokes it. (Not in the way that is now legal here in Washington....like over woodchips) but for sides, I've got your back. We're having Thanksgiving, part 1, tonight - so you'll have all the recipes and reviews you need tomorrow, in plenty of time to shop and cook. It's going to be great. Some of these I've written about previously, so they're linked.

Your menu (pick and choose what you want):

Turkey (like I say, I'm no help here. Sorry.)
Gravy (I cheat and buy it. Want to trick people? Ask at the butcher counter - they might be able to guide you to a good imitation of homemade.)
Green beans (not the mushroom casserole - gremolata)
Homemade cranberry sauce (you have the canned gel too, if you want. We do both.)
Mashed potatoes
Pumpkin pie, with decor 

Plus, a bonus Brussels sprouts recipe - we're not having it for Thanksgiving but I just made it and it's great, so it's an option.

All pretty simple, although it's a lot so scheduling is key. But you can do this! 

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment